Lunchbox Letdown

That's a favourite expression of Mr Knits. He explained it to me once as meaning that when you're looking forward to a yummy lunch at school, and you open your Super Hero lunchbox with great anticipation only to find a dried out peanut butter sandwich, a bruised apple and the drinking box was your least liked flavour.

That's what the Gift Show was to us this weekend. While I did purchase lots of pretty scarves, and some beautiful shawl pins and bracelets, there was nothing else that got me excited enough to even ask for more information. We did taste some interesting food - specifically wild hibiscus flowers. They were good!

I did see the funniest knife holder - called The Ex knife holder. It's in the shape of a human and the knives penetrate the body.

At $129, it's a little pricey for a joke though.  Since the show bored us so much, we left early and decided not  to return the next. So that left the rest of the day open for shopping in the big city. I felt the stars had aligned and the timing was perfect for me to visit a shop that I had heard so much hype about. I begged, pleaded, grovelled and finally we went to this much talked about shop.

What a disappointment! It had such little stock, and so was uninspiring. It was the epitome of the Lunchbox Letdown syndrome. But, I have been there, and no longer will dream of the day when I can get away to visit the fabled shop.

We did have fun in Kensington market, and we went visiting, had delicious meals, way too much wine and we schemed, planned and plotted how to make my little shop better. And, the work is underway as you read this. Jaycee is busy moving product around, as I will be as soon as this post is done. I think it will be all done by next Wednesday.

However I am termpering my excitement by hoping it won't be a lunchdown letdown for you. That would be the worst thing ever!

Comments

Popular Posts