Wedding bells!

I'm back from the wedding of my youngest son, Matty, and Terri. The week went by so quickly, and I had so much fun meeting my son's new in-laws and grandparent in-law's. Here's how the week shaped up.
Tuesday, I arrived at my son's apartment around 1 pm, and started to help with the cupcake making. The cupcakes were used as the wedding cake. Here's a shot of the final result:

The next day, John met me at Geoff and Jackie's home, where he got to meet Molly for the first time. I was Molly's doggy nanny for the three days I stayed there. I miss her so much! She is the sweetest little golden retriever puppy. Anyway, I digress from the wedding reporting. So, John and I went to the park, which was next to the Miller Tavern in Toronto. We arrived a bit early, so into the tavern we went for some adult beverages. I chose a Pina Colada, and it was quite yummy.

The bride, Terri, and her family arrived just before three o'clock with the rest of the wedding party in tow. Sierra, Terri and Matty's dog, was the flower girl. Being the total dork I am sometimes, I forgot to bring my camera to the park, so I have no pics of the wedding. However, there were two photographers there so photos will be available soon.
After the ceremony, John and I joinned Terri's family for drinks in the tavern. Nice to have a tavern nearby, isn't it! The ladies all drank tea, and the gentlemen shared a pitcher of Rickard's Red. We enjoyed getting to kow Terri's parents, Cate and Ray, and her grandparents John and Evangeline Chang (Terri's mom's parents) and Mrs. Ho (Terr's dad's mom). The Chang's came in from Boston, and Mrs Ho came from Vancouver. They are all lovely and engaging people. The stories they told fascinated us.
So, then we headed off for Ferro, the restaurant whee the reception was held. The food was wonderful, and the atmosphere fun. Pictures tell the story better. First, the menu:



The Bride and Groom - Terri and Matty




My son Geoff and his lovely wife Jackie, with John and me


Terri's sister, Elain, her friend Brenden and Mrs. Ho, Terri's paternal grandmother



Terri, her parents, and maternal grandparents


Mmmm cupcakes....


After the reception, John had to return home to look after our pets, and I went home with Geoff and Jackie. The next day, Jackie and I went shopping for a wedding outfilt for Robbie, and were quite successful in finding just the right things. I am making a vest to coordinate with the shirt, tie, pants and socks we bought. The back of the vest is done, and I've already started on the front. At this rate, I'll have it done later this week.

On Thursday evening, Terri's family invited me to Asian Legend for a traditional Chinese dinner. How lucky we were to get a parking spot right out front of the restaurant!

I found using the chopsticks was quite easy as I practice frequently using knitting needles. I enjoyed most of the dishes we were served, especially the Salt and Pepper fish, General Tao chicken, garlic green beans, and Chinese brocolli. I learned several very nice Chinese traditions too. One I particularly liked was people are served in the order of age, from oldest to youngest. And, if you want more tea, you fill everyone's cup (oldest to youngest) first before your own. I haven't been in Toronto's Chinatown for many years, and I would like to go back when I have more time for shopping.
Then, Friday it was home day. The rain poured all the way. I got soaked just opening my window to order a tea at the Time Horton's drive through! I arrived back here around 2 pm, and there it was - my Tilli Tomas order!
Tilli Tomas Aspen 50 grams 130 yards, regular $11, now $6.95, 100 grams 260 yards, regularly $22, now $14



Tilli Tomas Silk Noil, 100 grams 100 yards, regular $15, now $10.95


Tilli Tomas Sari Silk 50 grams 42 yards regular $9.95, now $5.95



Tilli Tomas Milky Way, 50 grams, 130 yards, 10% cashmere, 30% silk and 60% casein, regular $19.95, now $10.95



I am reskeining the Sari Silk so you can get a better idea of the colours. This should be done in the next few days.
Knitting on Thursday is back on schedule. Hope to see a bunch of you there.

And that, my lovelies, is that. My life is going back to normal. Whatever that is.

Comments

Popular Posts