It is really really snowing!

Mr Knits and I are here today to help solve any of your musical or knitting/crocheting emergencies, but you'd be crazy if you went out in weather like this. I think we are are little crazy coming into the shop today!


I anticipate we both will get a lot of catch up work done - the kind of work that we just can't do during regular working hours. Once we have finished shoveling, that is.

Now, I received a few emails about the Saress I spoke about a few days ago.


 I did eventually find them at the show (it was similar to looking for a needle in a haystack as they weren't listed in the show guide!) And once I did get to the booth, I was quite disappointed in the quality of the fabric used and the finishing of the garment. While the photos looked like the fabric was somewhat substantial and stretchy, it was in fact quite gauzy and sheer. They would make a great beach wrap, but nothing more than that. The sales person kept trying to get me to try one on, and I resisted more than one. She just would not take no for an answer, so I just walked away. The Saresses range in price from $24 to $44. If they were made of a 2 way stretch jersey, and had a neatly serged edge, I would have bought one or two in every size and colour. Perhaps there's an opportunity out there for some creative person to take up the torch and create their own version.

I forgot to share this photo the other day. When we were in Toronto, we drove by this shop. I do believe the shop owner is a girl after my own heart.


I do wish I could I could my half of my shop like this.

Ah, it smells like Mr Knits has brewed a pot of coffee. He certainly knows the way to my heart, doesn't he? So, while I'm gone for my coffee, stay inside, stay warm and keep on knitting.

Comments

dresda said…
Well, I stayed home today. I've no patience to deal with traffic on the Queensway on a day like this. And I've got the vacation days stashed for just this kind of weather. So I'm going to ply all the spools of singles I've got so I can free up the spools and do some more spinning!

Popular Posts