Tinkletorium Times, vol.1, issue 4

Just when the reno seemed to be going well, we have hit  major glitch. Major is an understatement. It looked like we would have a functioning toilet, sink and shower today, but alas, that will not be the case. Apparently some of the work needs to be inspected by HydroOne, and the inspector can't come until June the 9th! That's 13 days away! So no sink, no toilet, and who cares about the shower until a few days after that at the earliest. The floor can't be put down as all the wiring must be exposed. The walls can't be drywalled either.

Just this morning as I was visiting the blue potty outside, and I was quietly rejoicing that this might be the last time I had to use it. What a disappointment! The contractor told us he thought he would have it finished in a week - but he didn't specify which week, I guess.

Here is a little glimpse of why I am so disappointed frazzled anxious. If you come into the shop and find me curled up in the fetal position, rocking back and forth, I think you will understand.

entrance to new bathroom

new shower

where the new toilet should be

mess - view from yarn shop towards the music shop

view from music shop - I just cleared the pathway

Can I interest you in one of my lovely scarves? Or perhaps, you'd like to see our great selection of greeting cards
I keep telling myself (and Mr Knits too) it will all be worth it in the end. Whenever that will be.

Comments

Popular Posts