The Perils of the Interwebz

During the early hours of this morning, a neighbour's (I use that term loosely, as he lives about a kilometre away) dog got out and was running up and down the highway howling and yelping. Of course, Norma Jean and Emma felt compelled to protect our home, so the barking ensued. Outside and in. For what seemed to be hours. Between me trying to get Chester to go home, and quieten my dogs, I was now FULLY awake. And it was 1:36am. What's a girl to do but to do a little surfing? So I did.

Somehow, I ended up on Knitty.com's Facebook page. And there was an entry about a recent Knitty pattern that had gone viral. Lanesplitter. I had looked at it with some interest back in the fall, but seeing the finished skirts  on so many different body types made me want to cast on there and then. Of course, the yarn was at the shop, and I was not going to drive 60 kilometres there and back just to knit a few rows. 

Today, I tried to stay focussed on the work I had to do, but I kept dreaming about that skirt. I think the Noro Kureyon colour I choose was 128. Purples, greens, browns and orange. The pattern takes from 4 to 9 balls, and ranges in size from XS to 3XL.


So, I cast on the 4 stitches and started knitting. Two rows garter, 2 rows stockinette. Increasing each end every other row. Easy, peasy that's what it is! 

Of course, I'm blaming it all on Chester....I should send his owner an invoice for the yarn I'm using. It's all his dog's fault. Had Chester not got loose, my dogs wouldn't have started barking, and I would have been sleeping instead of surfing. 

That being said, anyone want to join me in making a Lanesplitter?

Comments

DizzyBat Design said…
sounds like too much fun! I think perhaps a miniskirt in all my favourite colours

Popular Posts