Fascinated with Fascinators

Ever since watching the wedding, I have wanted to knit a fascinator. Apparently, I was blissfully unaware of fascinators until Friday, and now I must have one.

Here are some charming examples from petaldesign.com




I really like the little top hat fascinators that some of the wedding guests were wearing, hence my choice of which style to knit isn't a big surprise. The hat below is from Fascinators Toronto


So, yesterday, I cast on the little top hat, finished knitting and felted it. All in the same day, while I was making preparations for Mr Knits' birthday dinner.




My finished top hat is a wee bit too large for my liking, so I am making another using less stitches.The yarn I used, Nashua Creative Focus Ivy, has little sparkly bits in it, and it felted easily and more importantly, evenly in my front loading washer. The hat is still soaking wet after 18 hours of drying time. this could be due to the 18 hours of rain we have been experiencing. I was thinking of putting the shoe drying rack in the dryer to hasten the process, but as I am almost finished the second hat, I think I'll wait until I have two or three to dry out.  Getting a smooth finished hat is going to be easy once I wash out a couple of large yogurt containers, remove the bottoms and tops, then make a top to bottom cut so the plastic containers will slide up inside the hats and then pop open to stretch the hat. I will post photos of this process here as soon as I take them.

Now, I have to think of some excuse to drive into town so I can acquire some decorations and veiling to adorn them.

Comments

Unknown said…
coloured feathers are in my car-kinda small,but bright. will bring netting too. later today. don't post.
Neenuh said…
Please share your pattern! Must make this!

Popular Posts