Marge

A week ago, I was working away on the daybed cover, blissfully unaware of what the week would bring. On Saturday morning, I received a text informing me that my mom was not well. Quickly, I cleaned up as much of the sewing mess, and went to her. Before leaving, I took a bunch of photos of the daybed's progress to show her. I still have some sewing of bolsters and stuffing of cushions to do, but I think it looks pretty good.



Sadly, Mom passed away on Tuesday evening, the day we were supposed to go for lunch and shopping. She never regained consciousness after the stroke on Friday. She was 90 years old, had 4 children, 9 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren, and lived life to its fullest.

In our last conversation, she asked me what I was going to do with the money she was leaving me. The question took me by surprise, and I didn't know what to say. The first thing that came to mind was an iPad mini (Lynn and I had just been drooling over them on Monday) and I would name it in her honour. She laughed, and thought that was a good idea.

I'm ordering one as soon as the new version is available, and I'm having it engraved "Marge". She will always be with me.


Comments

Popular Posts