Apron strings

Last week, this photo was posted on Ravelry and the search began for the pattern.


 I came up with nothing! No one else in the great apron pattern hunt has discovered the designer or the yarn shop where this lovely apron was displayed. So...I decided to create my own pattern for this apron. Here's what I have so far:


It's a basic chevron pattern - knit 3, centred double decrease, knit 3, make 1, knit 1, make 1. There are 5 pattern repeats on the bib and 9 on the skirt. I used 6 shades of Scheepjes Donna, a 50% merino, 50 microfibre yarn on 5 mm needles which gave a gauge of 20 stitches to 4 inches.

I have two more colour repeats left to knit, and then I need to make the apron strings. These will most likely be made using an applied i-cord edging and i-cord ties. for size reference, the table width is 30", so I am1 expecting this apron to reach about knee length when complete. I love how the skirt flares; it's so swishy

This afternoon, I'm picking up a shipment which includes some New Washed Linen yarn - 80% cotton/20% linen and I will cast on another apron in more pastel colours. It'll make a great cover up for me in the coffee shop as I am still getting the hang of frothing milk and keeping it in the pot and not on me!

Comments

Popular Posts